Thursday, May 14, 2020

52 for 52 Weeks 18 and 19

Hello.  Well time slipped away from me with the 52 for 52 project.  So I'm posting 2 recipes together.  They are both raw veggie salads, but with different veggies so it isn't cheating.  My family liked both of these, much to their surprise and mine.  The first one is Bon Appétit's Celery Salad.  This was light and crisp and went very well with our macaroni and cheese.  Also I don't know about you but I always have celery in the veggie drawer.  It's nice to be able to use it for an actual dish now and then.  I used walnuts and not as many dates.  It turned out great and kept well for lunch the next day.


The next recipe is an asparagus salad.  This is just beautiful with fresh local asparagus, please don't try this with something icky from the supermarket. I served this last night with Indian Spiced meatballs and couscous.  The family ate it all up.  I found the original recipe in Six Seasons by Joshua McFadden, but again I altered it for my grain free daughter and with what I had on hand on hand. Again it was delicious.


Asparagus Salad

1 pound of thinly shaved asparagus - purple is fun if you can get it.
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
chili flakes
salt and pepper
good quality olive oil -about 1/4 cup or maybe a little less -depending on how wet you want your salad

Just mix everything together and adjust seasonings.

Bon Appétit!
And as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 

No comments:

Post a Comment