Saturday, May 2, 2020

52 for 52 Week 17

Hello and happy May! I can't believe honestly how  the time has gone by.  It's the first weekend of May and it is beautiful. The sun is shining and I had breakfast outside.  If you've read my blog before you know I'm a huge fan of eating outside. It just puts me in such a happy place.  This weeks new recipe was hidden veggie pasta sauce.  My husband and son are not big fans of too many veggies so I'm always trying to get just a little more something for them.  This worked.  No one was any wiser to what was in the sauce.  I must credit this to my daughter Madeleine.  This was all her idea.  We served this with grilled chicken and a local green salad with a papaya seed vinaigrette. A great spring meal. 



Hidden Veggie Pasta Sauce  - this makes about 6 side dish servings

1 1/3 c marinara - please use a brand without extra sugar - I like Silver Palate
3 t nutritional yeast
11/2 t Italian seasoning
2 cups chicken broth - or one can is just fine
2 cups shredded carrots
1 t garlic powder
4 cups riced cauliflower
salt and pepper to taste 

Blend in a blender and warm through on the stove. Top with either more nutritional yeast or cheese.

Bon Appétit!
And as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 


No comments:

Post a Comment