Sunday, April 29, 2018

Week in Review

This might be the month in review; April has gone so fast.  First there was spring break and then 2 feet of snow.  It was just so surreal.  However this past week has been a fun one and really quick; the beautiful weather helped too.  Last weekend it was mother daughter weekend for my daughter's sorority.  It was so much fun to go down over night and enjoy some really good food and time with my oldest girl. She'll be home soon for summer.


This past week for lunch I tried a new recipe for a chick pea salad sandwich.  Okay, it really didn't work well as a sandwich because my bread at school fell apart, but as a salad it was nice change of pace.  


For a wet and rainy Friday snack my middle daughter and I stopped at our favorite coffee shop.  It was after 5 p.m. so I thought it might be nice to have a glass of Pinot Noir, and we split a maple scone.   Nice way to start the weekend.


We also went to Bizarre after Dark.  This was a new thing for me, lots of food trucks, street entertainment and a few bands.  We weren't quite dressed for the weather otherwise we would have stayed longer.  However I did have a really good 5 way chili burrito.  


And of course what weekend would be complete without some baking. I tried a new recipe for biscotti from Dorrie Greenspan and changed it up a bit.  My new creation was cinnamon mixed nut biscotti.  



Hope your week and month was as good as mine
 and as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 


No comments:

Post a Comment