Saturday, April 14, 2018

What I ate this week breakfast and lunch

Well I decided to keep a journal of what I ate this week like many other bloggers have done. I love reading about what others are eating for inspiration.  At first I thought I'd include all 3 meals, but honestly I always forget to take pictures of dinner.  Maybe that should be a goal for the next blog post or maybe the next month.  As I've said in other posts I really try to streamline my work week by making a breakfast or lunch that lasts for the majority of the week.  Well that wasn't the case this week.  I decided with the large amount of leftovers from the previous week I might eat some of them too for lunch.

Monday breakfast: Granola that I made for last week and never finished.  I topped it with baked apples and Siggi's plain yogurt.  If you haven't tried Siggi's please do. It's lower in sugar than most yogurt and has a great thick texture.  I like it way more than Greek yogurt. Oh and of course the obligatory cup of coffee.


Monday lunch: Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup.  I topped it with peanuts and sour cream. I also had a small bowl of pineapple and water to drink


Tuesday breakfast:  My favorite avocado toast with a sunny-side up egg and coffee.


Tuesday lunch: leftover vegetable soup and a piece of sourdough bread. I took my leftover broccoli and cauliflower, added chicken stock brought it to a boil and pureed it with my immersion blender.  I topped it with olive oil.  I didn't take a picture because it really doesn't photograph well.

Wednesday breakfast: repeat of Monday with the last of the baked apples.  So now I have a little more room in my refrigerator.

Wednesday lunch: The last of the sweet potato carrot soup and pineapple.

Thursday Breakfast:  I ate the last of the pineapple, hard boiled egg that I made the night before and sourdough toast with ricotta and homemade apricot jelly and of course coffee.


Thursday lunch: leftovers of confetti spaghetti casserole and braised celery that I made Tuesday for dinner.

Confetti Spaghetti Recipe

Friday breakfast: My daughter made an Indian dish of tomatoes and okra and homemade wheat bread.  So I had that with a hard boiled egg.  I always need a bit of protein and of course my coffee.  

Friday lunch: left over chicken tetrazini from Thursday night. My recipe has mushrooms and celery in it so I didn't bring an extra fruit or veggie.

I hope this post has inspired you a bit for a weeks worth of breakfasts and lunches. 
As always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 



No comments:

Post a Comment