Wednesday, November 8, 2017

A week in November

Well the weather has gotten a lot cooler, and I'm definitely bundling up for walks and runs when I'm outside.  However the change in weather does bring some positives. For one it makes me take stock in what I have in my freezer and see what I have.  My children have been helping me eat all of our bread in the past few months.  Mind you it's not a problem however it is a new phenomenon.  In the past it was just me -now it's 2 more and our daughter in college also requires homemade goodness, which I'm happy to supply. So luckily I had some time the other day and some local zucchini. I was shocked I could still get several fruits when I was at our last farmers' market.  Well when I shredded it up I had 4 cups worth -so enough for 2 loaves of regular zucchini bread and 2 chocolate.



Also this last weekend I went down to visit my daughter in Madison.  It was so great to see her and to enjoy Madison's food scene, which is truly fantastic. My new favorite breakfast café is Bloom Bakeshop. I had a Florentine eggs Benedict on biscuits and it was to die for.  Of course after breakfast we needed a walk so picnic point was just what we needed. The trees were all yellow and orange and the wind was calm as was the water. 

I just love the jade cake stands. I think if I were to open a bake shop it would look like this.



Of course one other nice thing about November is the cooling temperatures and the lack of daylight mean I spend a little more time reading.  This month I'm reading Empty Mansions.  It is the story of  heiress Huguette Clark.  The book can be a bit slow, but it really is a fascinating read.  Right now I need a book that I can read for 15-20 minutes here and there so it is perfect.

I hope your week was equally enjoyable and you are able to appreciate the change in seasons in someway.

As always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 

No comments:

Post a Comment