Monday, February 1, 2016

Weekday Breakfast



There are all sorts of posts for beautiful weekend breakfasts.  I thought I'd share some of the foods I have for my weekday breakfast.  I'll be the first to say i take about 5-8 minutes to prepare my breakfast and I do sit down and eat it.  This is usually between 6:20-6:40 ish.  The last place I want to eat breakfast is at school on in my car.  

On the top left I have avocado toast. If you haven't tried this yet please do so.  I use almost a whole avocado on 2 pieces of homemade sourdough bread or whole wheat based bread. Just smash the avocado and season with any type of salt ( I like sea salt), pepper and a drizzle of olive oil (I like lemon olive oil). I also had 1/2 a grapefruit.  

Beneath is crock pot steel cut oats.  I have a small 2-3 quart crockpot and make 3-4 servings.  I like to sweeten it with maple syrup or honey.  My kids like brown sugar.  For this picture I served it with pomegranate seeds I had in the fridge and peaches that I caned in the summer. I save the leftovers and serve them with homemade applesauce or non-sweetened applesauce later in the week.  

For the last picture I had my homemade bread (or any artisinal bread) toasted and topped with whole milk ricotta and homemade jelly.  Ricotta cheeses vary greatly so do shop around if you buy one and don't like it.  I love whole milk Bel Gioioso.   I also had a soft boiled egg and of course grapefruit because its winter in Wisconsin.

Many times I also make a quick bread on the weekend and have that during the week along with fresh fruit and topped with some sort of protein.  

I hope I've inspired you to start your day off well.  After all you have one body, why not take care of it?

Bon Appétit!
Beth 


No comments:

Post a Comment