Monday, October 26, 2015

Sunday Dinner

Well I must apologize for my horrible pictures. They don't do this dinner of meatball torte justice.  This was Sunday dinner.  I love to be able to take time cooking for Saturday and or Sunday dinner when all of my family can sit down and enjoy each others company.  As with all other dinners there are no electronics.  We also light candles and have dinner music playing in the background, a tradition from my parents.

This meatball torte I found in a Taste of Home cookbook.  I've altered it to fit my family's likes. I have my own meatball recipe that I also use for spaghetti and meatballs.  I also use the whole recipe of sauce for one pie.  The dough I divide in half for another torte later on.  You could make this much simpler and use one of the many grocery store products out there (dough, sauce and meatballs) if necessary.  However I'm a do as much from scratch as possible kind of gal.  I really do enjoy cooking!

We rounded out dinner with roasted carrots (olive oil, salt, pepper and cumin) and a green salad with homemade vinaigrette.  The one piece of leftover was consumed by my daughter for lunch today and she said it was just as good.

What are you Sunday dinner traditions?
Bon Appétit,
Beth 
                  

No comments:

Post a Comment