Thursday, December 31, 2020

My Midwest Life December 31st

 Hello and Happy New Year's Eve! I love an excuse to celebrate. And what a great thing to celebrate the end of 2020. It has definitely been a year; we've had our ups and downs this year for sure.  But I thought I would still stick with my posts of my Midwest Life, a theme I really enjoy and will continue.  As I write this I look outside and see snow.  In the past few days it snowed about 5 inches so we are in a winter wonderland. It's beautiful; I just hate shoveling when it's wet and heavy. It makes it time to retreat indoors and get creative.  So on with the past week or so.  

Sunday dinner during the Packer game: Sloppy joes with lentils, baked sweet potato fries, arugula salad and a few homemade pretzel bites that my husband made. 


Monday I spent a relaxing morning reading and enjoying the Christmas tree. My book, A Walk in the Woods is a hoot.  


Tomato Soup for lunch. I used my own canned tomatoes, homemade chicken broth and dried herbs from the summer. I added some tomato paste that I had in the fridge and sundried tomatoes as well.   Delish!! 


A snowy 7 am.  So calm and beautiful. 


A snowy morning means pancakes for breakfast.  I topped them with frozen cherries.  The smoothie is peaches and greens from Kelly Leveque. 


I'm working on the most intricate cowl ever. I'm definitely learning new skills with this knitting project.  So far so good, but it might take the year to finish. 


Made sourdough bread with my local flour.


Made a rutabaga soup with mashed rutabagas and served with hummus deviled eggs and carrots with peanut dipping sauce. 


My husband gave me new watercolors for Christmas so I took time to play. 




I with you a happy and healthy new years!
And as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth




No comments:

Post a Comment