Friday, December 18, 2020

My Midwest Life December 18th

Good Morning! I hope you all are well this Wednesday.  I just found out last night that my son, the youngest, has been accepted to UW-Madison! Hooray!  He's so happy.  Otherwise these past few weeks I've been doing my Christmas thing, which I always enjoy.  We've been baking and eating cookies, looking at lights, enjoying Hallmark movies and listening to Christmas songs during dinner. 

I also made a squash chili in the instant pot.  I cooked my dried beans I had kicking around the pantry too, my squash from the summer and then cooked it all in the Instant Pot for 7 minutes. I love when I have lunch for the work week.


We went on a light viewing drive.  This picture doesn't do this house justice, but it is huge and fantastic.  


I made these coconut almond macaroons from Sally's Baking Addiction for my daughter who needs to be grain free. They were delicious and a welcome gift for St. Nick's day.


Speaking of St. Nick - here he is and he makes me happy.


We still had some packets of leftover turkey in our freezer, so turkey pot pie it is.  I thought I made way to much for 3 people, but my son ate all of the leftovers. 


Yummy breakfast one day - scrambled eggs with broccoli and kimchi and a slice of avocado toast with everything but the bagel seasoning.  


A snowy and windy Saturday morning. I stayed inside and read and did yoga.


I finally finished my hat I've been knitting and went to our local knitting shop for the poof. I'm very proud.


One more creative piece - another miniature painting. 


I hope you have a great weekend full of doing things that make you happy.
And as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth

 

No comments:

Post a Comment