Tuesday, October 1, 2019

September's Eatings, Readings and Doings

Found this article on starting your day out well from yoga journal.   I do a lot of these things and mornings are really one of my favorite times of day.

Speaking of starting your day well the Kitchn has some tips for adding protein to your breakfast.  I always have a protein rich breakfast.  If you read my What I ate Wednesday posts you know how much I like my eggs, but in case you are not an egg lover here are some more ideas

Lately I've been making a whole bunch of these buttery tomatoes with all of  tomatoes that have been coming in.  I love it as a side dish, on eggs or on savory oatmeal.  It reheats very well and keeps for several days in the fridge.

New wine I tried. Vinho Verde. This wine is a great sipping wine before dinner, maybe a celebratory lunch or anytime sitting on the patio. If you can find some, please do buy a bottle or two.

What I'm buying: Well I'm still at the farmers' market weekly and stocking up on winter squash and enjoying that last bits of summer fruit and veggies.

What I'm reading:  I just finished The Guest Book and enjoyed an evening with my book club ladies discussing it.  Currently I'm reading Ordinary Grace by William Krueger.  So far I'm enjoying it very much.  

What I'm watching:  I found the very first few seasons of Great British Bake-off on Netflix.  It just makes me want to bake more cakes and happy in general.

That's this month's round up.  I hope September treated you well too.  

And as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 

No comments:

Post a Comment