Thursday, September 26, 2019

What I ate Wednesday 28

Hello! Wow the days in September just go buy so quickly I hardly have time to make a blog post.  These days I find myself writing something over the course of a day or some posts over the period of 2-3 days.  We all have 24 hours, but wow the day passes so quickly.  Big disappointment of the week was my 1/2 marathon was canceled due to thunderstorms.  This was a huge disappointment for me as I have been training for months.  I'm going to try to run it on Saturday, but we'll see.   However, on to what I ate yesterday.

Breakfast: Ezekiel Cereal with berries
In general I like a warm breakfast, however during the summer months I found there were days that I just wanted some cereal. Yesterday I topped the cereal with the last of the local berries (sad), a scoop of Smucker's all natural peanut butter, hemp and flax seeds and almond milk.  I really love this combination, and it keeps me full until lunch time.


Lunch: Veggie curry on cauliflower rice.
I've made this veggie curry from Cookie and Kate before.  It just so happened that last weekend I was looking through my fridge to see what to have for lunch and I had every ingredient.  Even the coconut milk.  What I made on Sunday lasted for 3 lunches. Yippee!



Dinner: Cranberry beans, sausage and rice.  
I cooked the beans and sausage using my Instant Pot. I bought local cranberry beans and the end of the winter last year and finally found a use for them. They really need to cook for at least 30 minutes, if not 40. I did not do that. I made some rice for us in the oven and at the same time roasted some brussel sprouts. I also happened to have some leftover Zinfandel from the night before.  What a cozy dinner. 


I actually was quite full after this meal so I didn't have dessert. I know this is a very rare thing.

I hope you've had a good week or two creating memories and delicious meals in your kitchen.
Bon Appétit!
And as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 

No comments:

Post a Comment