Wednesday, September 11, 2019

What I ate Wednesday 27

Hello! Well the weeks are just speeding by especially with school starting. I have several classes to prepare for which has been keeping my life after school very busy.  However I know it will calm down when I get more into the groove.  However I'm still always trying to make interesting and delicious meals for myself and my family.  Here's what I/we ate yesterday.

Breakfast: Softboiled egg, cracked wheat bread with peanut butter, melon, blueberries and of course coffee.

I've been trying to make different types of eggs during the school day this year. I must say it really doesn't take that much time to make a 3 minute egg.  I just make sure I start it first thing.  The peanut butter is Smucker's Natural; I really love it on my morning toast.  This way I know I'm not adding a lot of sugar in the morning. I love this breakfast because everything in the picture is local - okay maybe not the coffee or the peanut butter.  


Lunch: Kale Salad 
If you've read other weekly posts you know I love my kale salads.  I really can't get enough.  I can make a big salad and then have enough for several days of lunch.  Yesterday I added leftover shrimp, tomatoes, roasted peppers and broccoli and blueberries yet again. 


Dinner: Breaded chicken breasts, fresh corn and buttered tomatoes.
Breaded chicken breast is a family favorite. I always pound it evenly and thin, dredge it in egg and bread crumbs and saute it in olive oil.  I cook it about 3-4 minutes per side and serve with a lemon wedge.  Yesterday we also had some corn from the market and of course tomatoes at this time of year.  Please try this recipe it is delicious. The leftovers keep really well and are great of eggs and savory oatmeal.


I hope you are inspired to have fun in the kitchen. Bon Appétit!
And as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 



No comments:

Post a Comment