Wednesday, August 21, 2019

What I ate Wednesday 25

Hello! Well this is really the last week of summer for me; school starts next week.  That means the last week of having both breakfast and lunch outside.  This is really something I enjoy in the summer.  When I sit outside the meal is never rushed and I can just stare out into my yard and enjoy the scenery.  We have a lot of lush trees, a garden and bird feeders. I can only see two other houses, even though more are next door.  It's a little Eden, which is what I've always wanted.  

Breakfast: Waffle, topped with Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter and maple syrup, cantaloupe, blackberries, blueberries and cherry juice shooter and coffee of course.

I love waffles and generally I make them for my son and me, but he wasn't around today.  So I made 1/2 recipe and froze the rest.  I went on a 4.5 mile run so I did need some protein, the added peanut butter.  The fruit was all local -yeah!


Lunch: Tomato with tuna salad
I really wanted a tuna salad, but I hate mayo!  So I shredded some zucchini, chopped some black olives and sliced up some shishito peppers and added herbs de provence salt.  I topped the whole thing with Meyer lemon olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  It was almost like a mock salad nicoise.


Dinner: Burger bowls and corn on the cob.
This is probably one of my favorite summer dinners and it's so simple.  I make hamburger patties, just with salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.  Then in a large bowl I put local salad greens, tomatoes, cucumbers or pickles, avocado and top it with a ketchup/ranch sauce. You really could put anything in this bowl.  Of course it is local corn season so we had to have that on the side. Of course I had wine to drink.


Dessert: Chocolate chip cookies
My eldest daughter needs to eat grain free and the super sweet chef at her work made her these coconut flour chocolate chip cookies.  Who doesn't love a chocolate chip cookie? 


I hope this post inspires you to cook a little more and enjoy some meals outside while the summer lasts.
Bon Appétit!
And as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 



No comments:

Post a Comment