Monday, September 24, 2018

Weekend Roundup

Well this weekend was busy.  I had all of my kids home and it was homecoming for my two in high school.  It was also race weekend for the Fox Cities Marathon!  I also found a little time to sit and relax as well as do a lot of errands.  

Well my weekend wouldn't be complete without a delicious breakfast.  For Saturday I decided to make my son his favorite, pancakes.  He loves the classic pancake with chocolate chips.  I tend to dress mine up a bit.  I always add flax seeds and what ever fruit we have. Saturday it was plums, blueberries and pears with pecans.


No Saturday would be complete without the farmers' market.  I love all of the colors of the September markets.  I miss going when the market closes.


This Saturday I went for coffee with my college daughter. Its always so nice to sit down with the ritual of a latte. Of course I had obligatory PSL for the first day of fall. 


Sunday was the 1/2 marathon.  I was so thankful that my husband drove us to the race in the dark.  Beautiful weather, I was so blessed and finished in 2:09:47 for my second race.  My daughter ran way faster than I did, but she came back to pick me up for the final mile.    


Luckily when the race was over I came home to breakfast already made by my  sweet 17 year old daughter, pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes. I also found some time to put my feet up and relax.

I hope your weekend was delightful as well.
As always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 





No comments:

Post a Comment