Monday, September 17, 2018

Planning and Eating

Well school really in the full swing of things.  My children are super busy with after school high school sports and my husband and I are as busy as always in September.  He has deadlines and I'm just getting back into my work mode.  So this Sunday I was able to sit down for a few moments and plan my week worth of breakfast and lunches.  At least this makes my life easier.    If one of my children likes what I made for breakfast, which they did this week then all the better.  I've started using my bullet journal more for planning breakfast and lunch.  For dinner I still post my meals on a printed calendar so everyone can see what we are eating.  There are no surprises, or at least shouldn't be.
  

For breakfast this week I tried Breakfast Burrito Egg Casserole. It has everything I look for breakfast, make ahead, protein, vegetables and no meat.  I'm not a vegetarian, but I like to keep my meat eating for dinner.  I would make a few changes to the recipe - fewer potatoes, another can of green chilies and more salt and pepper.  I also added chopped red pepper.  My daughter liked it with salsa.  Tomatoes would be good too.  Of course a bit of fruit and coffee and you are good to go.  



Lunch today was zucchini fritters and tomatoes with a few plums.  All the veggies were local of course.  The picture doesn't look the prettiest, but I love this dish.  I also tried making them in a cast iron skillet, which didn't work out to well.  Oh well.  


The next few days are my kale salad. I'll add in extra vegetables and some local smoked trout that I picked up at the farmers' market Saturday.  

Hope this gives you some ideas as what to plan for.
As always with love from the Midwest,
Beth







No comments:

Post a Comment