Thursday, March 9, 2017

Comfy Winter Weekend

Yes it's March and we still have snow in Wisconsin.  When I'm in my house for a snowy Saturday or Friday evening there are many activities I love to do. Friday when I get home from work I like to finish up some of the school work I have; I know that's not really relaxing, but then it's done.  I also enjoy a cup of tea.  One of my favorite colors is red so I really like my Chantal tea pot that just sits on my stove.  It really adds a pop of color.  Also loose leaf teas are so much fun to play around with.  They give a bit of ceremony to a simple cup of tea.


This week I wore my favorite jeans from Vineyard Vines, a comfy sweater and an infinity scarf, along with my ever needed Smart Wool socks to school.  I like to be a bit more casual, yet still sharp on Fridays.  If I don't have too much work I love to catch up on my pleasure reading (books or magazines) and my knitting.   Below are a couple of my favorite magazines and my two new cook books by Mimi Thorisson.  



Also a winter weekend, well any weekend, is not complete without a delicious breakfast.  So this last weekend it was French toast, local sausage, with Door County maple syrup, baked apples and of course a cup of cappuccino.  I love to make a large cappuccino on the weekends and in the summer.  


I hope you find ways to make your last of winter weekends cozy and delightful.
As always with love from the Midwest,
Beth




No comments:

Post a Comment