Monday, March 13, 2017

Pancakes


On the weekends I really try to make a kid friendly breakfast. My son's favorite is pancakes. Chocolate chip with maple syrup are his favorites.  My girls really love their waffles.  While I always think about making the pancakes a bit "healthier", it comes down to the fact that white flour pancakes are just delicious.  I do like to add some flaxseed to mine and or cinnamon while they are on the griddle.  There are so many options all over the internet, but sometimes old fashioned is best.  I never make mine from a mix. They are just too easy and all of the ingredients are what I would have around in the first place. Of course I always add some fruit.  This weekend it was a clementine or two. I may have eaten one already and of course a cup of cappuccino in a pretty cup and saucer.  My machine gets quiet a workout on the week-ends.  What makes a Saturday breakfast even better is that is that I get to take my time eating it.  







Pancakes for 4-5 servings:  All my measurements are rough.  You might need to add a bit more milk or flour.

Whisk together:
1 1/2 cups of AP flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp baking powder

In a large  measuring dish mix:
1 egg
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 1/4-1 1/2 cups milk.  I like to use whole and add about 1 1/2 cups
1 tsp vanilla extract

Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together until all is incorporated.  Let the mixture sit for about 5-10 minutes while the griddle heats up.  Measure out 1/4 cup for each pancake and cook.

Bon Appétit 
and as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 


No comments:

Post a Comment