Monday, July 11, 2016

Long Boat Key

Well this is our first week back from vacation in Long Boat Key, Florida.  Many people ask why go to Florida in the summer.  Well besides being hot in there are fewer people than over spring break and the weather for the most part is dependable.  I know it will be hot and sunny, perfect for my favorite place in the world, the beach.  This year we spent most of our time on the beach on the Gulf of Mexico.  We also did some shopping, boating and sitting by the pool.  For the most part this is a vacation where we relax.  We know where we are going, where to shop for groceries and where we like to eat for dinner.  Yes, we could break from what we usually do, but this way is very relaxing.
Local fish, mangrove snapper, my husband caught for dinner one night. 

Local Plants - Bird of Paradise one of my favorite

You can put your orchid in the trees and they'll live.
I don't think this would work in the Midwest.

Enjoying some time in the kayak.

A little afternoon treat from Le Macaron.  This store in on St. Armand's circle.

I always like  to try a new wine while I'm on vacation.
 I love rosé as and aperitif in the summer. 

Cupcakes we picked up for dessert one night.
Even cooking in we found many treats we could bring home.

Of course I need a picture of the breach.  
With love from the midwest,
Beth 

No comments:

Post a Comment