Monday, December 28, 2015

Holiday Breakfast


Apple Pecan Muffins from Southern Living

I always like a Christmas morning breakfast that for the most part I can make ahead and also has enough protein to keep us full until lunch.  This would also work for a New Year's Day breakfast as well; if you're up in time for breakfast.   I was able to make the muffins and the quick cinnamon rolls the day before, and run my oranges through the juicer.  All that left me the next day during a pause in present opening was to make the quick mini quiches and saute some sausage and make a pot of coffee.  

Here is the link for the muffins.  They were delicious although there was quite a bit of butter in  them my daughter and I named them butter muffins.  I might swap some of the butter for canola oil or applesauce next time I make them.  I also used fewer nuts, maybe 3/4 - 1 cup total. 

For the mini quiches I use the small phylo cups as a crust.  In some I add finely chopped red pepper for myself and my middle daughter. In all of  them I add a pinch of finely grated cheddar cheese and my egg mixture.  The egg mixture is 2 eggs beaten with salt and pepper.  It doesn't take much to fill the cups.  They bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment