Sunday, December 20, 2015

5 minutes to happiness??

Yes!  You can start a happiness lifestyle in 5 minutes a day. One of the first things I  do everyday is  start my day with my top 10 list of things I'm grateful for. The things on my list can be material or immaterial.  If I don't go through this exercise I read a short reading from a Catholic book of prayers, or any spiritual book.  Go ahead and give this a try.  Just find a comfortable quiet spot and start counting.  This can also be done when you are outside.  I did it today while I was out for a Sunday morning run.  After doing the top ten list for 3 weeks it will become a habit.  


Today's List

1. My husband and marriage
2. My children 
3. The sun rise  I witnessed
4. The mild weather so that I can still be outside  daily.
5. The Christmas lights that are on at 6;30 am
6. The gift of music
7. The gift of time with my family yesterday
8. God and religion in my life
9. The food I have and the knowledge of what to do with it.
10. My home

What is on your top ten list?
Merry Christmas,
Beth 

No comments:

Post a Comment