Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Eats in Madison, WI

Hello! I recently spent a quick overnight in Madison to see my middle daughter. Now I have 2 girls at the University of Wisconsin Madison which means more time in a city filled with great eating. 

 I arrived in Madison in time for a quick walk around one of the last farmers' markets with my middle daughter.  Next we had lunch at Miko Poke.  Our food was fresh, delicious and kept me full all afternoon.  I had a base of fall vegetables, rice and lettuce topped with Ahi. 


My middle daughter and I spent the afternoon painting at the Madison union and doing errands.  After that it was time for wine and snacks at my hotel.  I like to stay at the Madison Concourse.  It's right downtown and so easy to walk to everything.  We had some snacks and wine in the governor's club. 


We had dinner at Graze.    My main course of salmon, roasted tomatoes scallions was delicious but the appetizer selection was a bit small as was the dessert. I have been here for lunch and love it.  However this view is great -right next to  the capitol.


Bradburry's Coffee on the other had has wonderful crepes for breakfast.  I had a fresh made buckwheat crepe filled with pickled fennel, greens and topped with a fried egg.  It was a short walk from our hotel.  The coffee is also fantastic.  It's a tiny restaurant so get there early.  After that the two of us went on a morning walk along lake Mendota.


I met my eldest daughter for a quick lunch at Fair Trade coffee.  They have good salads and sandwiches also made to order.  This is the black bean burger on an Asiago bagel with a small side salad.  Way more food than I needed before I traveled home, but it was delicious


I hope you can try one of these local establishments if you find yourself in Madison.

As always with love from the Midwest,
Beth




No comments:

Post a Comment