Saturday, March 3, 2018

February's Round-Up

Even though we've started March it's early on so I fell I'm not too late to round-up February. Well one of my goals this year was to work on my creative side, not just in the kitchen. So I decided to start bullet journaling.  Now I'm not really the best at it, but I didn't want to get stuck looking at a blank journal. So I just started adding birthdays; I know I'll get more creative as I go, but it is a start.  I think I'll be using colored pencils to add the color in  the future.  I think they are just a little bit more subtle. 


I also started sketching more. So this is a close up of a little flowering plant I have in my kitchen. 


What I'm reading: This article made me smile.  It's good to know my wine and coffee habit is good for me, actually I never doubted it.
I also finished What She Ate by Laura Shapiro. If you are interested in history more than food this book is for you.  I thought it would be the other way, yet I still found it interesting.  I could easily put it down and easily pick it up a few days later. 

And of course no month is complete without a new recipe or restaurant.  This month was a visit to Madison again and a great breakfast at Bassett Street Brunch Club.  I loved my banana's foster french toast and my daughter had some of the best pancakes I've ever had.


Hope your month was equally enjoyable!
As always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 

No comments:

Post a Comment