Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Soufflé

Cheese soufflé is one of my favorite vegetarian meals.  It can serve 3 for a light dinner or 4 for a lunch.  The other day I had a smaller group for dinner, just my husband, myself and one child.  So I decided to make cheese soufflé.  I like to use Alton Brown's recipe; it is almost foolproof.  Every time I cook it I get a gorgeous meal.  



With soufflé or any sort of eggs as a matter of fact I enjoy bread.  As I've posted before I also like to make my own bread.  This bread is a pesto bread that is an old recipe from Bon Appétit.  I love to make it in the summer when I can use the basil from my garden mixed with Parmesan cheese and pine nuts.  It makes it just that more special.



We rounded out the meal with a green salad of local greens and of course some wine.  Unfortunately not mine since I'm waiting for my second batch of lettuce to grow for the fall.  As usual I dressed it with a simple dressing of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper. 


Bon Appétit 
and as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment