Monday, July 24, 2017

Summer Reading

I love to read and luckily I've been able to read a lot this month; going on a vacation at the beach really does help.  Sitting outside with my book under a large tree is a great way to spend part of my day or if I'm near a beach I'm there with a book in my hand.  


Tout Sweet and Picnic in Provence took me back to France, a country and culture I love so much.  I always wonder what it would be like to pack up our family and move to France.   I don't think it would be that easy.  Elizabeth Bard also has some delightful recipes.  Recently I made her Zucchini Soup after a stop in my local farmer's market.

A Time to Kill is older, but I've never read it. It was a definite page turner. I would say almost as good as The Firm.  

Crazy Rich Asians and Sightly South of Simple were just fun beach reads.  Both of these have sequels coming out soon if not already.  

That leaves Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk.  This book was very well written and makes me think about all the stories people have that you see walking around your own city.  I think this book is a must read for anyone.  



What are you reading lately?
As always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 

No comments:

Post a Comment