Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Summer Drinks

As I have mentioned before I really enjoy a Kir while I am cooking dinner or having appetizers.  But in the summer I like to change things up a bit, so recently I've turned to rum drinks.  I'm not one for too much hard liquor, but nothing says summer beach quite like a rum drink.  Of course I have always liked a Pina Colada, and it is very easy to make with a minimal bar.  I just follow the recipe on the back of the Coco Real Cream of Coconut and use about 1 cup of ice.  Recently I've added Pain Killers to my list of tropical drinks.  Again they are easy to make with a minimalist bar.  




Pain Killers for 2:

6 oz pineapple juice
6 oz orange juice 
3 oz cream of coconut
6 oz rum ( please use something good)

I put everything in the blender with about 2 cups of ice and blend together.  If it is not strong enough for you go ahead and add a rum topper. This can also be made without the rum for a Virgin Pain Killer for kids, and the adults can add the rum later. 

Enjoy!
And as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 

No comments:

Post a Comment