Friday, October 28, 2016

October's Best


This month really flew by.  It was a busy time at home and at work, which is why I didn't get Monday's post done. But we have a day off so I'm taking care of it on a Friday morning.  This is a real treat during the school year.  On of the best things of the month is the colors.  My younger daughter and I decided to go for a walk at a local park and enjoy the beauty one day she took these pictures.. I also love wearing fall clothes. There are so many options.  I love the idea of layering a casual top with jeans and a long sleeve t-shirt.


Another great thing about October is the food.  I really start thinking about pumpkin recipes, both sweet and savory.  I made these pumpkin and chocolate chip pancakes pancakes from Half Baked Harvest.  My whole family really enjoyed them.  I don't know if I would use the maple butter again, but it was fun to try it.  I just really love maple syrup.
What I'm reading:  People Who Knew Me.   It's a very interesting book about a woman who has changed her identity and now has cancer and a 13 year old daughter.  I'm about 2/3 done so I don't quiet know how it will end, but I would highly recommend.  


Hope you enjoyed this month as much as I have.

As always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 

No comments:

Post a Comment