Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Fall Dinner

Late September early October seems to straddle between summer and hard-core fall.  Somedays are warm and sunny and others... well are just rainy and nasty.  Unfortunately when I plan my meals for the week I can't always take into consideration the weather.  I'm more concerned about schedules and how much time I have to actually make dinner.  Believe me this comes in handy when planning meals for the week.  However yesterday I was given the gift of time.  I had 2 places I thought I had to be in the afternoon, but both were canceled. So what did I do with my time, make break of course, French bread. (The recipe is my first post.) 

The menu include: 

Meat torte (my children like to call this hamburger pie)

Tomatoes Provencale

Applesauce -from my jars I canned

French Bread

Wine: a Spanish red, Allende





For the Tomatoes Provencales: Use as many tomatoes as needed.

I core and slice off the very bottom of the tomatoes -so they sit flat.

I sprinkle basil, oregano, salt, pepper and a bit of garlic on top.  Then I cover that with bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and olive oil.  

I bake them in a preheated 425 degree oven for about 25 minutes -until warm and bubbly. 

Bon Appétit!
As always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 

No comments:

Post a Comment