Monday, January 18, 2016

Upgrade for Free

January is a great time to redo things in your home. After I take down Christmas I like to leave things plain for a week or two and start over.  I decided this year to upgrade my entryway.  As you can see by the first photo it was just a little plain.  I'll admit its been this way for years.  After looking a Pintrest for inspiration I decided that I didn't need to buy anything new just rearrange what is already out in my house or hiding in my basement.  I love the idea of coffee table books so I found 2 in my bookshelf.  They are art themed; a topic I love.   My mother-in-law just gave my the glass bowl, and I wanted to use it.   The shells I had in plastic bags from trips to Florida. I just put everything together and I have an instant free redo.  I didn't think my family would really notice and they did.   It also helped that I cleaned up some of our family's stuff.    So here you have a clean and tidy look that will take me through multiple seasons.  I hope my 10 minutes inspires you to look around your house and see what you can change up without buying anything new.



No comments:

Post a Comment