Monday, February 22, 2021

My Midwest Life February 22nd

 Hello! I just got back from a walk with the dog, and I think we have 2-3" piles of slush in some areas.  It's at this time of year that I'm really thankful for my warm socks and LL Bean boots.  I just finished A Year in Havana for my book club this Saturday and I loved it.  I would highly recommend it. I'm also finishing up Unorthodox on Netflix.  It's an interesting and suspenseful TV show. This is part of my "me" TV time.  I'm finally at the point where I can enjoy some of my own TV and not just when I'm treadmilling in the mornings during the winter.  

Here's a peek of what else has been going on for the past 2 weeks. 

Of course breakfast.  I've got to have a little extra protein so I usually make a smoothie with my weekend waffle.  I also had the last of the grapefruits for the season sadly.


For lunch last week I made a tempeh eggroll bowl.   This was so easy I had some time on the night before so I didn't have to make it for the weekend.  I'm also trying some more vegan recipes, just to expand my repertoire and find more healthy alternatives. 


The frost on my bedroom window one morning.


I made Valentine's cards for my girls. 


Another vegetarian lunch.  This time I made Mexican rice (subbed veggie broth for chicken) and then added some leftover black beans, roasted veggies and spinach.  Instead of cheese I used nutritional yeast. 


We made homemade mushroom filled ravioli as a side dish for our anniversary. 


I went snowshoeing the other day.  It was so beautiful. 


These grasses must have been 10 ft tall. 


Homemade lasagna, everything from scratch: pasta, Bolognese and béchamel sauce.  This is lasagna perfection. 


I hope you have a wonderful week!
And as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 


No comments:

Post a Comment