Thursday, December 21, 2017

Truffles and More

This past week I've been baking more and more cookies.  Some are the same I've already made this season, sugar and gingerbread, and others are not, peppermint chocolate crinkle and truffles.  The chocolate truffles are new this year.  I found the recipe here.  This was the first time I made truffles and the recipe worked out beautifully.  I made them a little smaller than the 1 oz size suggested.  I like more little things on my plate (sometimes) than a few large things.  I decided to just dust them with coco powder next time I might get a little bit fancier.  




My daughter recently found this recipe for Winter Solstice Cake   I love carrot cake and I think the addition of winter seasonings would be really good.  

What I'm reading: Pancakes in Paris.  Craig Carlson sets up an american diner in Paris. Culturally it is a very interesting read, and as well as for anyone who ever thought about opening a restaurant. 

Image result for pancakes in paris book

I wish you a Merry Christmas, Bon Appétit
and as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 

No comments:

Post a Comment